I removed about 5 GByte of non-music files from the USB (~220G in a 320G
drive used now). I then did another factory reset because the player had
lost mysqueezebox.com password and there appears to be no way of
entering it except after a factory reset. After doing the welcome
wizard I mounted the USB drive and started a scan.

After 4 hours or so it stopped the server with the usual warning "SBT
has stopped due to a problem" (really informative that one). I then
restarted the server and it continued scanning (it still is acording to
the server status actually). I see the memory is 67% full under
advanced/diagnostics.

However, now everything is working well. I have my 30000k file library
all available with albumart and I am logged into mysqueezebox. Lets see
how long it lasts.

I think this proves that the problems are more software related than
hardware. If it works well intermitently then it could always work if
they just fix the damn bugs.

--
RichardLittlewood