JohnSwenson;538263 Wrote:
> There are no hard and fast rules. Its not a number in the software that
> after its reached stuff doesn't work. There seems to be a gradual
> degradation in performance (initial scan time, remount scan time, GUI
> responsiveness etc) as the database gets larger. Exactly where things
> start to get really bad seems to be very individual setup dependant.

Accepting that, I'm on the path of I am struggling to
understand/isolate issues which are library size related and others
which could be settings/setup/bugs.

I understand your 3 examples are clearly directly based on library
size, I have several others which I think should be independent:-

music stream is interuppted or stuttering
can't connect to mySB for MyApps or App Gallery whilst playing from
tinySC
tinySC doesn't scrobble to last.fm

I suspect that the former may be incurred by outstanding scan
issues/background processes caused by a 'bad' scan/remount which may
have been caused by library size.

Is there any reason library size should affect the other two issues.

In terms of large, does non-music on the USB have any impact?
(discovering files seems to go to 60,000 which I guess includes all
non-music)

Also, is large defined purely by number of files or does type of file
and length of track (i.e. size of file) also impact?

--
DigitalMitch

2 * SB3, 1 * Boom, 2 * SBR, 1 * Radio and 1 * Touch
controlled by IR, SBC [and iPeng on iPhone - wifi died!!]
7.5.0 on WHS on HP MediaSmart (EX470) upgraded to 2G RAM
http://www.last.fm/user/digimich