pfarrell;540192 Wrote:

> > THE DEVICE HAS A HEADPHONE OUT ON IT. [/color]
>
> I completely don't follow this. Of course it has a headphone output,
> and
> if you use headphones, the one big argument that sometime you are not
> sitting in the sweet spot goes right out the window.

When you are using the headphone out there isn't even a chance of other
customer equipment between the Touch and the listener. This means that
there is typically no way to put the issue of some form of balance
control on the customer by using their receiver etc. This means that if
a person is listening off the headphone jack and is in need of some
balance control due to a a situation (bootleg live concert, hearing
problem etc) they don't have any ability to do so.

When comparing the use cases for a balance control it's a little easier
to lower the priority when you look at the outputs to customer equipment
like the spdif's and analog out. The point is that when you consider the
use case of the headphone jack the onus is on the Touch almost
completely.

Does that help?

--
pounce