Grahame;540214 Wrote:
> As an aside, I can't recall any LP Turntables or CD players that had
> built in balance controls. The touch is a 'source' component.
>
> If you want balance, have it as part of your post source -
> amplification / DSP / EQ etc.
>
> I regard the headphone out as a convenience.
> For serious headphone listening, I use the touch ( and transporter) at
> 100% volume, via the analogue outputs into dedicated high quality
> headphone amps.
>
> There are amps and headphone amps out there with balance controls.
> Problem solved! :)

This is a good point. There doesn't seem to be an issue in purchasing a
preamp without balance control functionality, which is where it has
always resided. And yet some feel slighted when this capability is not
implemented in a source component. Someone mentioned that Sonos
provided this feature, don't they also produce an amplified player
where this would be required?

--
ghostrider