badboygolf16v;556793 Wrote:
> Thanks for the advice Phil.
>
> The only issue I have with that setup is that John Swenson recommends a
> wired connection from server to Touch for optimum sound quality.
>
> So I guess the question is, does accessing my music from the server
> wirelessly cause any performance issues? If I was going the WNDR3700
> route, I could use Wireless N between the server and the music for
> improved speed. But would that be enough speed..?

John and I disagree on this. I don't think there is any difference
wired vs wi-fi on the DIGITAL output of the Touch. At the end of the
day these are just opinions. You will have to decide...

Of course, if you can wire it by all means do - you will have an even
more trouble free setup :-) It's just that normally (unless your house
is pre-wired with Cat5/6) it's a pain to pull ethernet through rooms.

Wireless G  is plenty of speed! N (router) is nice for range but not
essential in most cases for bandwidth in regard to music.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio