badboygolf16v;557207 Wrote:
> Sorry, didn't equate the homeplugs with being equivalent to wired, my
> bad. Running cables to my Touch from my SBS location or the router is a
> no go. But from a homeplug would be OK.

You could even go with some kind wifi AP where you conect the wire from
the Touch .

Point in case seems to not burden The Touch with wifi chores it has
small cpu not much memory etc, turning of the wifi and not loading the
modules saves the scarse resources.

Otherwise there is no sound-quality difference whatsoever between any
kind of network topology as long as the data arrives faster than you
can play it, if not it rebuffers and stutter.
You can download a file from internet and it sound ok ;) this could be
over 100 yo old phone-lines or whatnot.

Having said that I pulled wires to conect my Touch just because some
buffering could occur with 24/96 files, but 24/96 material is a corner
case not everybody has this demand on their system.

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 and assorted amps
SiriuS, Classe' Primare and Dynadio speakers, Contour 4 Contour Center,
and Contour 1.3SE for the rear ch. Rel Stadium 3 sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Miscellaneous use: Radio (with battery)
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this