badboygolf16v;557130 Wrote:
> It sounds like a wirelessly accessed NAS might not be such a good idea
> then. I want to try a hard wired connection from SBS to Touch so I
> think the getting the quietest HDD is the way to go.
I don't follow how wired connection implies you need the quietest HDD.
As several of us have suggested, put the server (with HDD) in a
different room, preferably one where's it's easy to connect it to the
router with cat5e or cat6 cable. Then figure out a way to wire the
Touch to the router, also preferably via ethernet, though homeplugs
should be okay, too. JohnS doesn't say anything is wrong with using a
router or switch, does he?

--
aubuti