The source code for the existing alsa drivers are already in SVN. This
task will have three primary tasks: understanding the exisitng code,
understanding the registers of the frescsale processor (for the S/PDIF)
and the AKM DAC chip(for analog out) and then figuring out what values
to put in those registers.

Looking at the existing code it might be possible to figure out what
settings to use based just on what is done for other sample rates and
extrapolating up to 176 and 192. It might work.

Just getting a development environment up and running to test it out is
not that easy, I'm one of the few people outside of Logitech to be
successful in that.

My estimate is that I could do it in 2-3 weeks if I had nothing else to
do. Unfortunately thats not going to happen.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson