mortslim;568179 Wrote:

> So you can’t just do some linux programming to change a chip that maxes
> out at 96kHz to get a higher sample rate.  The chip is hardware limited
> in its sample rate and no after market programming will change that.
>
> You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.

The DAC chip in the Touch WILL do 192 as long as it is given a fast
enough clock. The Clock circuits in the Touch ARE fast enough to
support 192 with this DAC chip.

For the DAC output two things have to be done in the ALSA driver: the
DAC chip has to be programmed to run at 192, and the serial interface
in the processor that generates the I2S signals has to be programmed to
output 192. Programming the DAC chip is the easy part.

Programming the serial port on the processor is more complicated.
FORTUNATELY its already being done for other sample rates so figuring
out which bits of which registers to change is not TOO hard.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson