http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=74688&page=17

Post #170 4/09/2010 by Bruce B

“…We have never upsampled any transfers, period…”

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=74688&page=18

Post #176  4/10/2010 by firedog

“In an earlier response to me, HDTracks said they do not upsample”

http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.mpl?forum=pcaudio&n=75147&highlight=

Posted by Bruce B (P ) on May 29, 2010 at 13:42:55
first time it has been done? posted by hermanesque on May 29, 2010 at
13:20:01:

I'm not trying to justify anyting. If it sounds better, then the goal
was accomplished.

A lot of material in the past was recorded at "only" 24/44.1 during the
beginning of digital. Unfortunately most of the time, that's the only
record we have of that performance. It's not a scam. If that's the only
copy of a performance, *the first thing I do is upsample* before I do
any processing. Bottom line, it just sounds better in the end. If you
use plugins for processing, most of them upsample internally to 64bit
anyway. In the analog domain, the transformers add color and overtones
that were not there. Most of the time that also sounds better.

No one is trying to scam anyone. If they feel it's a better product,
then the public has to make that decision wheter to purchase or not.

--
RGibran