woodnut;570233 Wrote:
> My Orange wireless router is far away from my HiFi and hence this is the
> reason I wanted to avoid running a long cable from my Hifi to the
> router. Of course I could as suggested have the Sheevaplug next to the
> router and stream wirelessly and perhaps this would be fine, I haven't
> tried this but the main point of the excersise is to try soundchecks
> mods which include hardwiring the network connection.

If you want to do this I'd put the sheeva next to the router (and wired
to the routher) and use homeplugs between the router and the touch.
That's like hardwiring the touch to the routher.  This won't require
running long cable.

The main advantage of this is that if the sheeva is connected to the
router everything connected to the router can see the sheeva.  Think
for example android/iphone apps that control squeezebox.  These won't
really if the sheeva is just wired to the touch directly.  You would
also be able to rip music on your regular pc and copy it over to the
sheeva via the network this way.  This also means the touch can see the
internet to get updates, play internet music etc.

--
lrossouw

Louis
'Last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/lrossouw)