Hi John,

@3:
I've got a Sheevaplug with the SqueezePlug image and I use an external
USB drive which is EXT3 formatted. The EXT3 filesystem is supposed to
be rather robust w.r.t. unclean shutdowns.
I've been simply switching off the power of my Sheevaplug without
removing/unmounting the harddrive for a week now and haven't had a
single problem. However, you have to take into account that the Plug
really only reads from the drive.
However, from powering up the sheeveplug until the SBS is accessible,
it takes approx. 1min 30 secs.

Why do you want a SATA connection? The sheevaplugs without eSATA have a
USB port und I suppose your drive is an external USB drive.

Cheers
juzi

--
juzi