Update:

I gave up trying to get the internal Touch server to work. I had no
energy to continue trying to troubleshoot after the many failed
attempts. I ended up installing squeezebox server on my downstairs PC
along with the music hard drive. That computer is hard wired to my
wireless router. Currently running wireless from the router to the
Touch.

Boy, what a difference. Scan went flawless. I can now browse and play
my music files with no lag or artwork problems. Basically now it's
working as Logitech advertised it. It's been two days now with no
gremlins (knock on wood). I should have set it up this way from the
start.

Still steaming a bit that the internal TinySBS server wouldn't work as
advertised... That was the main reason I bought the Touch. Oh well...at
least I can use the system now.

Thanks for the help everyone.

--
mrkd29