Phil Leigh;577596 Wrote:
> Bull.
> :-)
> IF you've seen and heard what goes on in a recording/mastering studio
> you'd appreciate just how crazy that statement is :-)
>
> By your definition (?) , "audiophiles" are folks who masochistically
> like listening to crap sound because their room messes up their
> speakers but they won't fix the problem because that's not the purist
> way. Sticking bits of foam or Helmholz resonators around won't fix it
> (sorry).
>
> ROTFLMAO.
> :-)

Phil,

As usual:

1) You didn't fail to disappoint
2) Provided a good reason why so many audiophiles have their stuck
someplace where the sun doesn't shine.

However, one important thing that you failed to mention is how many of
audiophiles are being led astray by the reviews in the audiophile
magazines. What I mean is, for example, the stunning review of the new
$45,000 Vandersteen Model 7 speakers in the latest TAS. Why would one
possibly need DRC when Richard Vandersteen, along with all his
expensive measuring tools, comes to your house to set up the speakers
and makes quite sure that set up is as close to perfect as humanly
possible.

While I'm not in position to purchase a pair of speakers costing
$5,000, let alone $45,000, if a I was thinking of purchasing the Model
7s I won't do so unless Mr. Vandersteen promised to afford me the same
level of personal attention.

Just one of my many pet peeves with the high end audio press.

Oh I almost forgot: "Sticking bits of foam or Helmholz resonators
around won't fix it" but many a well place rock or exotic piece of wood
will do the trick!

--
ralphpnj

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels -> Snatch -> The Transporter ->
Transporter 2 (oops) -> Touch