Phil Leigh;577596 Wrote:
> Bull.
> :-)
> IF you've seen and heard what goes on in a recording/mastering studio
> you'd appreciate just how crazy that statement is :-)
>
> By your definition (?) , "audiophiles" are folks who masochistically
> like listening to crap sound because their room messes up their
> speakers but they won't fix the problem because that's not the purist
> way. Sticking bits of foam or Helmholz resonators around won't fix it
> (sorry).
>
> ROTFLMAO.
> :-)

Hmm a lot of foam and helmholz resonators and difractions panels and
false iner ceilings and walls  that breaks right angles etc, opps did i
just build recording studio :)

Bu tobe fair there are some solutions thats not to bad, in aestethic
fabrics and colors, but the companies delivering this stuff would also
have a measuring service so that they know what they are doing not just
sticking random panels here and there .

I'm no pro so I have an hybrid solution (not as good as it could be)
random acoustical panels ;) to get rid of a flutter garage type echo,
very carefull sub placement and the room corection bellow 300Hz
meridian offers it also works in the time domain so that you can get an
even response to that.

As to why Ayre only has usb ?

Do everyone expect audiphile brands to behave rational , when
audiphiles in general are not (you get the products you deserve,
expensive and weird)? they might have a very fine dac I've never heard
it, but this kind of products (high end audiophile stuff) does exhibit
a varying % of strange believes and cargo cult science .
Ayre seems to have a very high % real science but anyway, they do not
make supernatural claims on their web pages etc, but usb only does fit
the weird catagory.
Do they also want you to buy their disc spinners for disc and connect
by analog means to their analog preamp ?

Personally I do want flexible products with a lot of inputs and outputs
and other options, I don't want to be "painted into a corner" if you get
me.
A stable brand with good quality does a lot to entice me to, my next
amp will probably be a bryston for that reason.

Ayre has been around a while to so they seems to have a steady base of
returning customers, maybe i take a peek if i can find a dealer next
time i need something they make.

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 and assorted amps
SiriuS, Classe' Primare and Dynadio speakers, Contour 4 Contour Center,
and Contour 1.3SE for the rear ch. Rel Stadium 3 sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Miscellaneous use: Radio (with battery)
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this