-"take to heart as well this advice: Get a Squeezebox Touch right now.
You'll never look back."-

Quite the glowing review I'd say...
Reading it had really made me think about asyncronous USB.
I actually suspect that the Reviewers opinion that the Touch sounded SO
over and above the norm with USB indicates the Touch's even greater
potential as a Transport, NOT JUST how good the Ayre Dac is...

Theres a lot of interesting movement with asyncronous Dacs just round
the corner, and I get the feeling that the Touch output via USB into,
say, the new John Westlake Audiolab Dac (My next upgrade) will take the
Touch into that "other place" that the review speaks of.

Maybe over time Logitech's reasons for discontinuing the Transporter
will reveal themselves?

Dunno...just thinking out loud. :)

--
Gazjam