tmauceri;611516 Wrote:
> I have ripped over 900 CDs over the last 6 weeks and have been very
> happy with the the tags returned via the VBA. CDs that were labeled
> incorrectly or did not conform to my filing system were edited with
> MP3Tag. Rock, jazz, etc filed under the artists name, classical under
> the composers name and compilations under various artists. A simple
> system that works for me. I have 2 CDs that are giving me a problem, a
> Buddy Holly best of and a 2 disk Gram Parsons set. The disks show up in
> 2 places on the SBT and on iPeng. They show under the artists name and
> under various artists. I have examined both using MP3Tag and there is
> nowhere a reference to various artist.  Are there hidden tags that I am
> not aware of?

look at the albums with MP3TAG. I'll bet that at least ONE track on
each album has more than one artist. If any track has more than one
artist (and tags can allow this), the album will be treated as a
compilation and show up under your various artists listing. To fix
this, add "album artist" tags to both CDs (i.e., Gram Parsons as album
artist on all those tracks and Buddy Holly as album artist on the other
CD tracks. Then do a clear and rescan.  p.s. I'm a big Gram Parsons (and
Buddy Holly) fan!

--
garym