garym;611518 Wrote:
> look at the albums with MP3TAG. I'll bet that at least ONE track on each
> album has more than one artist. If any track has more than one artist
> (and tags can allow this), the album will be treated as a compilation
> and show up under your various artists listing. To fix this, add "album
> artist" tags to both CDs (i.e., Gram Parsons as album artist on all
> those tracks and Buddy Holly as album artist on the other CD tracks.
> Then do a clear and rescan.  p.s. I'm a big Gram Parsons (and Buddy
> Holly) fan!

I'm pretty sure the Buddy Holly CD is the same artist I will add Album
Artist though. I've noticed this is usually blank when I review a CD on
MP3Tag. Does Album Artist superceed artist? The Gram Parsons set listed
different Artists, Submarine Band, Byrds, Buritto Bros, which I had
edited to Gram Parsons. I then added the various bands to the song
titles for documentation. I'll add Gram Parsons to Album Artist.

--
tmauceri