Soundman;612029 Wrote:
> You are probably right, but nevertheless I will NEVER use the "cloud"
> for many reasons. To name just a few: Why should I intrust my precious
> data to a vendor? Even if he's reputable there might work some "bad"
> people there who missuse your data. What if such a vendor suddenly
> decides to shut the service down or goes bankrupt? What if the vendor
> hands your data over to a corrupted government? What if politicians
> decide to shut down the entire www? Hundreds of questions arise here.
> From my point of view it's far safer to store your data privately. The
> "cloud" is just another step into the direction of total control over
> you, because you become dependant and get into a situation which you
> can't control at all!

And, to add to the list, what about acts of terrorism or, God forbid,
war?

On the other hand, cloud storage as an extra layer of backup in
addition to personal backups may have its role, if not too expensive.

Guido F.

--
guidof

*Front End*: Marantz TT 15S1 Turntable, Virtuoso Wood Cartridge;
Cambridge Azur 840C CD Player; Oppo BDP--83 Universal Player;
Squeezebox Touch Music File Player (digital out to Cambridge Azur 840C
DAC)
*Preamps*: Conrad Johnson Motif (Phono); Adcom GFP-750 (Line)
*Amps*: Music Reference RM-200 Mk II (Main); Little Tube Mk III
(Phones)
*Subwoofer Equalizer*: DSpeaker Antimode 8033
*Speakers*: Martin Logan SL3s; REL T1 Subwoofer
*Headphones*: AKG K701