mlsstl;611123 Wrote:
> I'd point out that if the cloud truly takes shape as some envision,
> it'll be there whether I consent or not, and it'll be there whether I
> hang onto my own collection or not.
>
> I certainly don't mind "them" putting the cloud out there. If it were
> present, I'd probably use it to some degree, just as I enjoy watching
> films through my Roku player.
>
> Actually that's a pretty good example. There are some very interesting
> things to watch via the Roku, but there is a mountain of material that
> isn't likely to be available anytime soon. On Saturday we watched a BBC
> "Mrs. Bradley" episode with Diana Rigg via Amazon/Roku. Of the 5
> episodes created, only one is available streamed. Why? I can only
> guess, but I'd suspect it is one of the reasons mentioned earlier.

By 'in the cloud' I meant more like your own private portion of the
'cloud'. For example, I have an Amazon S3 account, which allows me to
store my digital media on my private 'cloud' and stream it anywhere in
the world. So I don't care whether that content is available publicly
or not (as in on Netflix); this is my content, the one I've obtained
and am storing it in a safe, protected area.

--
magiccarpetride