magiccarpetride;611108 Wrote:
> If the latter, the question becomes: am I going to keep that digitized
> music on my crash-prone HD, or in the cloud?

I never lost data on my set of HDD, but I'm careful (RAID + rsync). On
the other hand, "the cloud" (a very popular photo sharing site) has
already lost some of my data, and calling them was totally useless (we
will check the backup), fortunately it was still on my HDD.

There are also stories of people loosing e-mail. I believe those
incidents are under-reported, because most people don't even have the
tools to realise data loss unless it's totally catastrophic. If one of
your unpopular album would be missing from your collection, I bet most
people would blame themselves.

If you check, you will realise that the "cloud" makes absolutely no
promises about the safety and reliability of the storage of your data.
It's all about convenience.

Jean

--
jean2