jean2;611572 Wrote:
> You get what you pay for, as usual. Even S3 has different term of
> services depending on price, so it has nothing to do with how big the
> business is. However, the casual user won't be paying for s3 and its
> strong guarantees, but will gravitate towards the free or almost free
> services which clearly won't have the same guarantees.
>
> Jean

In this day and age, computing has turned into commodity (similar to
how electric power and indoor plumbing have become a commodity,
something we all take as given and simply continue paying monthly
charges for using these commodities). The prices are eroding left,
right and centre. And they're continuing to erode. The prices of
Amazon's services have been on a constant down slide, and the trend
will not only continue, it will accelerate.

I predict that, in not too distant future, it will be financially
feasible for common households to store the backup of their precious
digital media in the cloud, with a reputable vendor (or, with a select
few reputable vendors).

--
magiccarpetride