... here and elsewhere, where their users aka clients aka family feeders
are. Its not about the formality, where the questions are posted. Its
about clients who have spent money to buy a device, that comes along
with lots of promises. And nowhere on the box in the shop there was the
phrase "count with counter-less bugs that may even skip your tracks"...

However, for me, the tracks I (re-)encode myself, work. I have not
continued with extensive testing, but it appears that in my case, for
the time being, it's ok. However, this does still not mean that there
is no problem with the squeezebox. Just keep in mind, that Windows
codec over several Windows Players play those HDTracks flacs with no
interruption... and the flac decoder decodes them correctly (if not, I
would not be able to re-encode them...).

So... Squeezebox is the only player/decoder that does not understand
those flacs. So, wherever the "fault" is, it's for sure, there is
indeed room for improvement...

--
diego