Hi there everybody!

So, there is news. Potentially good news. I upgraded everything (newest
Beta on server, newest Software on Touch), on the server it did a clean
install... the Server forgot all my settings and most annoyingly, my
favorites.

However, the issue of tracks getting cut remained unchanged. I started
to repeatedly listen to the same tracks and figured out, that a couple
of my tracks get cut, but always at the same moment. In on track, for
instance on track: 1. Tchaikovsky: Piano Concerto No.1 / Lang Lang ,
Chicago Symphony Orchestra / Daniel Barenboim, original FLAC as
downloaded from HDTracks: After 17 minutes 31 seconds.

The same track played over Network (stored on the server in the
basement), played on my Notebook upstairs, on Winamp did NOT get cut.

However, I re-encoded the FLAC, using LameXP (FLAC input and decoding,
FLAC encoding at lowest compression setting, gives almost the same file
size).

Result: No interruption anymore!

So I don't actually know, WHO is to blame: The Flac does play without
problem on a computer, and it gets interrupted on the Squeezebox. So
it's the squeezebox. But the same track encoded at home does play fine.
So is it HDTracks that are to blame for their encoding? Doesn't actually
matter to me, as ther IS a solution... A bit annoying however, if I have
to re-encode all those purchased FLAC files.

Anyone else sharing this issue, who has tried re-encoding the FLACS?

BTW: I use Klaus aka soundcheck's mods and I am pretty happy that the
problem has nothing to do with those nice sound enhancements (this is
just an off-topic remark, please don't reply on that, I know that not
everybody shares the experiences regarding those mods).

--
diego