diego;638507 Wrote:
> Hi there everybody!
>
> So, there is news. Potentially good news. I upgraded everything (newest
> Beta on server, newest Software on Touch), on the server it did a clean
> install... the Server forgot all my settings and most annoyingly, my
> favorites.
>
> However, the issue of tracks getting cut remained unchanged. I started
> to repeatedly listen to the same tracks and figured out, that a couple
> of my tracks get cut, but always at the same moment. In on track, for
> instance on track: 1. Tchaikovsky: Piano Concerto No.1 / Lang Lang ,
> Chicago Symphony Orchestra / Daniel Barenboim, original FLAC as
> downloaded from HDTracks: After 17 minutes 31 seconds.
>
> The same track played over Network (stored on the server in the
> basement), played on my Notebook upstairs, on Winamp did NOT get cut.
>
> However, I re-encoded the FLAC, using LameXP (FLAC input and decoding,
> FLAC encoding at lowest compression setting, gives almost the same file
> size).
>
> Result: No interruption anymore!
>
> So I don't actually know, WHO is to blame: The Flac does play without
> problem on a computer, and it gets interrupted on the Squeezebox. So
> it's the squeezebox. But the same track encoded at home does play fine.
> So is it HDTracks that are to blame for their encoding? It doesn't
> actually matter too much to me, as long as there IS a solution... A bit
> annoying however, if I have to re-encode all those purchased FLAC
> files.
>
> Anyone else sharing this issue, who has tried re-encoding the FLACS?
>
> BTW: I use Klaus aka soundcheck's mods and I am pretty happy that the
> problem has nothing to do with those nice sound enhancements (this is
> just an off-topic remark, please don't reply on that, I know that not
> everybody shares the same experiences regarding those mods).

excellent. And I have heard of other experiences with HDTracks that
were solved with reencoding the FLAC files. If 24/96, I've read that
compression no higher than "5" is best. Easy enough to do in bulk
(foobar2000 or dbpoweramp) can handle this and retain all metadata,
etc. A few mouseclicks, and even if 50,000 files, you can run overnight
or over the course of a day and done....

--
garym