As far as I can tell the Creatives are also powered (ie, self-amplified)
speakers. If you can find for certain that they are not, then you should
eliminate them. The Touch has no amplifier of its own, so you need
either powered speakers or a separate amplifier + passive speakers. For
your budget, powered speakers are a better way to go.

And I didn't mean to suggest that the higher-priced speaker is always
better. I liked the sound of the Audioengine A2 -- for what it is, a
small inexpensive speaker. I don't think you'd be disappointed. But
speaker preferences are very personal, and you may prefer the sound of
the Creatives.

Most of all, there is no substitute for actually listening to the
speakers, using music with which you are very familiar. And ideally,
listening to them in the place where you'll be using them.

--
aubuti