Mr. Tuesdays;674712 Wrote:
> Actually I've had OK luck controlling the touch from the laptop.  JRiver
> is working (with one flaw) and SB server also works from the laptop in
> its web incarnation.  MySqueezbox.com's little web remote works, too. I
> don't know much about SqueezePlay, will look into it.
>
> The trouble is that the music files have to be on another computer.
> I'd rather they just be on USB drive attached to the touch.  We'll see
> what happens with a HDD reformat.
I think you completely missed my point. Using the Touch running regular
SBS (ie, on a computer or NAS) requires no luck -- it's dead simple,
reliable, and robust for most people. And of course with regular SBS
you have access to the web interface. My points are that (a) TinySBS
(the Touch's built-in SBS) is _not_ robut and requires both care and
some luck, and (b) the web interface is completely unavailable when
using TinySBS.

--
aubuti