FredNowak;688786 Wrote:
> It looks like the title is not part of the quoted text so you could not
> see the dac is a Music Streamer II when you wrote this note. The dac is
> async and only has a usb input. The firmware is 1.7.
>
> Perhaps the Squeezebox Touch firmware is important. I got on the
> nightly channel for the server software to try to solve a scanning
> problem so I have the latest beta server software. It updated the Touch
> firmware to 7.7.2-r9597.
>
> Here is what USB Audio Output says:
>
> Playback
> Interface: 1
> Allset = 1
> URBs = 2(84)
> Packet Size = 600
> Momentary freq = 44100 (0x2c.199a)
>
> Interface 1
> Allset 1
> Format: 0x20
> Channels: 2
> Endpoint: 1 OUT (ASYNC)
> Rates: 96000,88200,48000,44100,32000
>
> Interface 1
> Allset: 2
> Format: 0x2
> Channels: 2
> Endprint: 1 OUT (ASYNC)
> Rates: 96000,88200,48000,44100,32000
>
> The above is for MOG, CD's ripped to WAV files and stored MP3 files.
>
> The Momentary freq changes to 96000 Hz (0x60.0000) for the 96k file
> that comes with the Music Streamer II.
>
> I still do not have any pops or clicks with any file format I have
> tried.
>
> Fred

So I suspect you are lucky there then - with the momentary frequency
set at the sample frequency and not changing it looks like it is
working without receiving any feedback messages.  However this is
probably only ok as your dac's clock is close to the same frequency as
the internal clock SBT is using to calculate how much data to send.  I
suspect you do get clicks/pops but they are so far apart you don't
notice...   If you had a hub in the way then I would expect the
momentary frequency to update.

--
Triode