JohnSwenson;692872 Wrote:
> If you never want to go above 48 you should be able to use kernel #1
> without a hub. There might be some DACs where this does not work. The
> hub lets you go up to 96. Most DACs seem to be able to do this without
> one of the special kernels.
>
> John S.

To add to this - with the hub the dac will work as its designer
intended.  The approach in kernel #1 is to ignore the request from the
dac for data to arrive every 1ms and it make touch send every 2ms, so
that the return async packets can be scheduled in the slots in between.
This only works with some dacs, but if it works then I don't see any
reason for needing a hub as long as you only want to go to 48k.

--
Triode