I tried the latest applet and kernel, I could not get 192 on the
internal DAC to work. I currently don't have anything that can read 192
S/PDIF so I couldn't try that either.

With the internal DAC I get a LOUD pop, then silence. The player thinks
its playing but nothing comes out. LMS must have gotten the message that
it's capable of 192 because there is no sox running on the server
machine.

I also tried the EMU 0404 again, it works great at 44.1 but not at any
other sample rate. Anything else gives highly distorted sound. The info
screen shows that the endpoint is asynchronous and I can see the rate
changing, but something is not right.

The 0404 is very different in what it displays in the info window, it
has a separate chunk of data for each sample rate. It seems to choose
the right one for the sample rate in use (its the only one shown as
running) but I wonder if that has something to do with what is
happening.

Thanks again for working on this.

John S.

--