For anyone interested, I've just been playing around with a USB galvanic
isolator between the SB Touch and the DAC (Audiolab 8000CDQ). Here are
the comments I posted over at Pink Fish. I'm wondering if this is
simlar to the effect that others have reported by installing the
soundcheck mods?

> My first impression when I put the isolator in was one of an immediate
> improvement, but being aware of the potential for a placebo effect i
> then went on to do a lot of swapping back and forth. However, because
> of the delay of rebooting the SB Touch between swaps (and not having
> the most golden of ears), it was not an easy comparison, and to be
> honest, after a while, I really was starting to think that any
> difference was in my head.
>
> That all changed when I put on "Titanium" by Kraftwerk (Tour De France
> album). Playing the opening few seconds of this track has left me with
> a high confidence level that the Isolator is doing something to
> tightening up the bass to quite a noticable degree. The sound also
> seems slightly crisper.

I'm still not guaranteeing this isn't my imagination, but if you've got
£40 burning a hole in your pocket, I'd recommend giving it a try.

I used this one http://electronicsshop.dk/?id=1038

--
indypants