GeminiAlpha;697032 Wrote:
> Hi John S. Thanks for giving me a hand.
> 1st some facts. During the test some media files are on the HD of the
> laptop that also runs LMServer. As long as my music system is no
> running properly I'll continue this config. So I'll ignore the Nas for
> now. The laptop is wired connected to the (wireless speedtouch) router.
> The SBtouch has a (perfect) wireless connection to the router ; signal
> strength is 80-90%. Distance between SBTouch and router is about 4
> meters.
> If I got your message right this is what I've to do.
> 1. uninstall current LMS 7.7.2-33893 and reïnstall LMS 7.7.1-33750
> 2. perform a new full scan of the media files on the HD.
> 3. Start the SBtouch, which now still has FW 7.7.2-r9558 and wait and
> see if it's downgraded to a 7.7.1-xxxxx version. correct? can I force
> this?
>
> Is this the way 'we' can proceed? I realize the SBTouch is not wired to
> the router, but I guess (hope) that's not a problem. If  a wired
> connection is absolutely neccessairy, please let me know and I'll
> rebuild my living room. ;-)
>
> Can you give me a GO for this procedure? Please confirm.
>
> Rudolf NL

Yes, that is it. When you connect your Touch with the 7.7.2 firmware up
to the computer with the 7.7.1 server it should downgrade the firmware
to a 7.7.1 version. If it does not do so, you CAN manually load the
7.7.1 firmware, but lets not get into that until it's necessary.

You SHOULD be able to use wireless, but in a situation like yours when
you seem to have multiple issues happening at once its best to limit
the possible variables while you are trying to track things down. So I
still recommend that just for the purposses of these tests that you
hardwire the Touch to the network. You might have to move it to another
room and plug headphones into the back, or run a long patch cord down
the hall. (I keep a 100ft patch cord in my closet just for these sorts
of situations)

So the first step is to get things working the way you want it to work
with everything on the same computer and everything wired. Once that
works we can go back to a wireless connection, and if that still works
then go to a NAS.

With the NAS there are two ways to do it: LMS on the laptop and files
on the NAS with the disk "mounted" over the network on the laptop, OR,
install LMS on the NAS itself. A NAS is just a small computer (usually
running linux) so they frequently can run the server as well.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson