JohnSwenson wrote:
> The Touch does support IR blaster through the headphone jack just like
> the SB3. With the current firmware it's not as capable since it does not
> support "raw mode" in the IR blaster plugin. If you already have the
> correct information for your amp and use it with the SB3 IR blaster
> plugin you should be able to use it with the Touch version of the IR
> blaster plugin (as long as it's not in raw format).
>
> John S.Thanks John, the Touch now feeds an Audiosource power amp with signal
sensing on the input, but it's good to know this now works.  Can you
please explain what raw mode is?  I used the IR signal capture feature
of IR Balster to record the codes; will these codes work?  BTW, in
another room, a SB2 feeds a 5.1 system and IR Blaster works brilliantly.
When the SB2 is powered it turns the receiver on, switches the input to
CD & turns on the B-speakers;  for SB2 power off: B-speakers off, input
to Video1 and receiver power off.

For the record, I like the Touch, we use it every day and it's growing
on me.  I greatly appreciate the tips you folks have provided in this
thread.  However, I do believe the old SB2/3 platform is pretty well
optimized in terms of usability, but I see so much untapped potential in
the Touch, such as expanded use of gestures and better
quick-launch/shortcut support.  Is there a preferred way to submit
feature requests?

Doug