erland wrote:
> Most of the scanner is written in C already, most other parts are in
> perl.
> The main issue isn't the software, it's the fact that the hardware
> hasn't been designed to run a big music server like SBS/LMS, and the
> hardware is hard to change after the release.

Thats the deal it IS a crippled version of the LMS server that is
running on the Touch , no web-UI for example etc .

So it does not only serves itself but could be a server for a radio
boom, sb3 etc, if it worked better :-/

But it is underpowered for the task of running the server .

That may be a good question why run the server ? But writing a special
"stand alone mp3 player" software with it's own UI and functions instead
of reusing squeezeplay it's quite some work .
Imo forget the whole on-board server idea .

I think they underplay this ability in their current marketing, When
sales began it was sort of a bigger deal if I remeber correctly ?