Viventis wrote:
> Wow!  I am so sorry to disagree, but what I have just read sounds like a
> bunch of techno-babble published by the manufacturers of high end cables
> to attempt to justify their exorbitant prices.
>
> Digital is binary.  Binary is a sequence of 0's and 1's.  If 100
> different cables transmit the exact same sequence of 0's and 1's to your
> DAC, I guarantee that each will sound 100% the same.  There is no such
> thing as a flat 0, a sharp 1, a warm 0 or a harsh 1.  They are nothing
> more than numbers that are decoded by your DAC!
>
> If a cable is so poorly made that it is incapable of transmitting the
> proper sequence, the result will be different.  But that is the only
> variable.
>
> This takes me back to the question of the OP.  If a toslink or spdif
> cable transmits the same sequence of 0's and 1's to the DAC, there will
> be no difference in the output.

Double WOW - you are making way too much sense and common sense and
science are most definitely NOT welcome in any modern audio forum. Plus
my post should be number 8 and so far no one has told the OP that the
USB modification is the ONLY way to go, after all with this mod one can
stream 24bit/192kHz and there are just so many reasonably priced (as in
less than the price of a new car) 24bit/192kHz recordings available that
going with coax or toslink makes absolutely no sense at all.