lovejoy wrote:

> Technobable? Maybe to you.. To me, transmission lines studied to MEng
> level. And I ask you.. If it is just 0s and 1s, how do you think are
> they represented down the length of a piece of cable?
> !

Then you learned alot but understood nothing. They are represented down
a piece of wire as zero volts and probably 5v. It would have to be a
pretty long and noisy wire for there to be any discrepency. At bit rates
encountered in baseband digital audio, characteristic impedance. group
delay, reflections and phase issues don't even come into it over
practical lengths encountered in home audio systems.