JohnSwenson wrote:
> I would do some tests to try and narrow things down. Does the the whine
> happen just when music is playing or all the time? Does it happen when
> the Touch's power is unplugged? Does unplugging the USB cable from the
> Touch make a difference?
>
> I'm thinking it might be a ground loop (I was involved in one recently
> that went through a USB cable, so it CAN happen).
>
> John S.
It would also be interesting to know what happens with a coax connection
as opposed to optical or USB.

LMS 7.8 on VortexBox Midi, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch with
EDO on Ethernet, coax out to a Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC. Wireless
Xubuntu laptop controls server using Chromium.   Meridian Explorer USB
DAC to listen to LMS via Squeezelite on Vortexbox & other PCs as
required.  Spare Touch in loft!