On Wednesday 01 October 2008 13:00:20 Jani Tiainen wrote:

> Reporter - Person who reported ticket (usually customer). Since we get
> reports by call/email this is more like free textfield.
>
> Manager - Person who is responsible in ticket general. Usually project
> manager.
>
> Assignee - Person who ticket is assigned to. Usually that poor developer
> or tester.

Over here Poor Developer and Tester are two different people: developer has to
test his fix, of course, but comprehensive testing to make sure the fix
didn't break anything else is done by someone else.

Also, public release is done when a fix is important, or there's enough minor
fixes to warrant a release. Which is similar, but not entirely unlike a
milestone: apart from triggering buzzwordiosyncrasy in half the people I
know, "milestone" implies a goal set in advance.

Dima
--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin