Quoting Lars Kruse ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> C)
> - applying Miklos patches to the current git support
> - ignoring incompatibility with git<=1.5.2
>
> Personally I would prefer (A) over (B) due to the cleaner code (in the
> long-term). But of course, I would not mind (B), too.
> The current version of git in debian stable seems to imply that (C) is not a
> good option for us, or?

We worked this around by using a more recent version of git, for
sure. But, if there's any way to support older versions, it would
certainly be better as you will at some moment definitely find someone
who prefers sticking with "supported" version of packages and software
on their distro.

So, if it is possible to support git versions below 1.5.2, it would
get my own vote.