Well I started with vanilla Ubuntu and it was a very painful learning curve just because of driver support and getting raid 0 to work. I was immensely proud of myself when I finally got my gpu, wifi, and raid all working then out of nowhere it would just lock up. Tried a few other distros, mainly Ubuntu derivatives but I understand the importance of our privacy and freedom so once I heard Trisquel from Stallman I was sold so to speak. I don't think I will quit unless there is another more developed alternative. Although I'm dual booting windows for gaming purposes I would like to in the near future cut it out entirely. Thanks for the tips, I will let you guys know how things go in a few minutes here.