Ubuntu should be easier than Trisquel, as more sites will work (ie due to including Adobe Flash), but ultimately the solution to the problems your running into with hardware are best solved (that is from a ease of use and make it work perspective) by replacing the hardware with free software friendly devices. If your not dependent on Adobe Flash or can use MPV and the user agent switcher instead then I'd argue Trisquel is probably easier than Ubuntu. I don't think Unity (the desktop environment in Ubuntu) is all that user friendly.