From the link you posted (from Alberto):
While the FSF does not include Debian on this list because the Debian project provides a repository of nonfree software, the FSF does acknowledge that Debian's main repository, which by default is the only place packages come from, is completely free.

"Unlike other common GNU/Linux distributions, installing official Debian by default means installing only free software. As long as Debian users do not add additional package repositories, their systems are a reliable source of fully free compatibility information. We're looking forward to working with Debian to help free software users get the hardware they need, and encourage the companies who provide it," said FSF's executive director John Sullivan. It still reads (to me) as as a half acknowledging. But I know you mean that it's the part that counts. Well, assuming the non-free repos are the ONLY issue (and not the non-free recommendations here and there), then I see your point of not using Debian, but it's repo. Yet it seems complicated to separate the repo from the distro, though I don't know, to be honest.

And the rest is about common work towards populating h-node.

So, yes, I find your idea is interesting. I just don't know how practical it is.