Yes, that's what I meant ;)

The work of software liberation could as well be done for Debian (which is a better idea since it's already upstream).

In theory, using Debian's repo shouldn't change Trisquel's goals.
And yet, as long as the non-free repos exist, and as long as Debian makes non-free recommendations, Trisquel (gNewSense) is meaningful.

Frankly, I don't know, I don't understand all the consequences, but I like the idea of using Deb main because the plethora of weak distros is a waste of effort.

But again, I don't fully understand the consequences.