I had clicked on the link at your first post. :)

You are right in giving the link (and the implications thereof), but I believe I am also right in ignoring it.

The thing is, my approach is radically different. I am more interested in how to achieve the best compromise regardless of the current state of development. In other words, I am trying to redraw an abstract plan for an ideal libre distribution that Trisquel can be made into. It's an engineered dream, if you will. Independent from the current development plan. Actually, the fact that I'm an outsider to the technical intricacies of the current development setup is helping me in thinking independent. I may be thrashing as well, but it is brainstorming afterall.

So, comparing my suggestions with the current state of affairs can lead to confusion. Please try to forget how things are actually set up in Trisquel today. Open a fresh page and try redesigning Trisquel development yourself from scratch (retaining the tenets ofcourse), or suppose that you're going to fork it and trying to find out how to fork it best, and then we shall be in the same domain.

I am not saying that Trisquel strategy is wanting, I am just trying to redraw a Trisquel-like system development blueprint from scratch. Hopefully some parts of it can be applied to Trisquel's benefit, even if some parts not.

These are the main differences between our points of view, I think.