Glenn to David - I was waiting for your attack on me.  What took so long?  Take it up with the Holy Spirit.  It was revealed to me.  So I guess the Holy Spirit is wrong.

Glenn wrote:
> I will give you my two bits worth.  It is you, Martin.
> You have a party spirit.  You are the one who can't
> worship with others on a continuing basis.
> You are the one who gives me the impression if we
> can't understand your questions without answers,
> we are not spiritual.
> You are the one who has the party spirit.  That's
> how I see it.  If I am wrong, then forget it.

LOL.  Glenn, you ARE wrong.  But why do you come in like a bull in the china
shop and then tell Marlin to just forget it?

As I see it, Marlin is very careful with his words and answers the way he
does exactly because he is attacked by Christians like Glenn Tabor for the
beliefs that he has.  Is that at least possible in your mind, Glenn?

Laura wrote:
> I don't know anyone who is a Christian who can get
> by without worshipping on a regular basis with other
> believers and still maintain their walk with God.
> No denomination is perfect, no church is perfect and
> no pastor is perfect BUT we serve a perfect God and
> He told us to assemble together.

Well, I don't think I agree with you about no church or pastor being
perfect, but that is another subject.  I would like to say that God not just
told us to assemble together, but he also told us to assemble on the seventh
day, which is Saturday.  Do you do that Laura?

Glenn - I was waiting for this legalism.  I WAS EXPECTING THIS OLD TESTAMENT DOCTRINE.  I DO NOT, THAT'S NOT, FOLLOW THE OLD TESTAMENT FOR SALVATION.  This is so far off track I am going to send the following material.
Book of Acts
Chapter 20  Read Chapter - Click for Chapter Audio
Study Resource List
BCC -> Commentary on 20:7
DSN
-> Synopsis on 20:7
GEB
-> Study Notes on 20:7
GSB
-> Study Notes on 20:7
JFB
-> Commentary on 20:7
MHC-COM
-> Commentary on 20:7
MHC-CON
-> Commentary on 20:7
OCA
-> Commentary on 20:7
PNT
-> Commentary on 20:7
RWP
-> Study Notes on 20:7
SRN
-> Study Notes on 20:7
TSK
-> Commentary on 20:7 TSK -> Entry for 20:7
WEN
-> Notes on 20:7
NTB
-> Bread; Eucharist (The Lord'S Supper); Worship; Zeal, Religious
TTT -> Communion of the Lord's Supper; Sabbath, The
EBD
-> Luke; Sabbath
SBD
-> Lords Supper

20:7 - [In Context
|Original Greek]On the R1163 first day of the week, when we R1164 were gathered together to break R1165 bread, Paul {began} talking to them, intending to leave the next day, and he prolonged his message F449 until midnight.

I'm not saying this to insist you meet only on Saturday.  I'm trying to get
you to think.  I'm just trying to point out that the subject you are
addressing may not be so cut and dry.  It may be that Marlin actually better
observes the admonition of Scripture not to forsake the assembling together
of the believer than you do.  I don't know, because I don't know him, but I
do know that the admonition not to forsake the assemblying together of the
believers is not as simple as you seem to imply.

Glenn - I don't care if he assemblies on Saturday.  I will say it is false doctrine to teach we are NOT to worship on Sunday.  Yep, it is pretty simple.  No big hard to understand words in Heb. 10:25.

Your argument below is 7th Day Adventist teaching.  They have a bunch of billboards around Roanoke now saying, "Jesus worshipped on Saturday, why don't you?"  This fools the current crop of Christians who do not know the Bible.  I don't have time to get into it, but Jesus lived under the law.  I live under grace and the New Testament.  Galatians lets those who want to go back under the law have it in no uncertain terms.

Consider, for example, that the early believers as well as Jesus Christ
himself, generally assembled in the Jewish synagogues and in the Jewish
temple.  We would think that they felt that was important, and they
certainly had Scriptural authority for this tradition.  Would you take words
from them concerning this gathering together in the Jewish meeting place as
important as believers meeting together on the first day of the week?  Have
you ever considered also that perhaps Hebrews 10:25 applies to Hebrews
assemblying together on Saturday with other Jews, to provoke to love and
good works, rather than to the situation that you seem to have in mind,
which would be Sunday morning "worship"?

Today, we kind of have a reversed situation.  The religious powers that be
are "Christian" instead of "Jewish," but there are problems there, as
evidenced by your statement that there is no perfect church and no perfect
pastor.  Observing the directive to assemble ourselves together might
actually be made more difficult by the present institutions of religion.

Glenn - IF Marlin does that, with other families, I don't have a problem with it.  IF he does that with ONLY his family, I stand by what I said.

  When we consider the entertainment methodology used in
present day Christianity, how much "provoking each other to love and good
works" actually takes place?  And if that isn't taking place, then is it
really observing God's directive not to forsake assembling ourselves
together with other believers when that phrase, "to provoke unto love and
good works," is included in the directive not to forsake assembling
together?

Glenn - The above is another subject all together.

Something for everyone to think about:  how can a person share his beliefs
and opinions if he is attacked before he can even express his views?  Are
beliefs and opinions really something that should be kept personal and
private?  If not, how can unusual or contrary views be expressed without
causing a big fight?

Glenn - Who's fighting?  I just want Marlin to give us his views which he doesn't seem willing to do.  He doesn't answer many questions.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida  USA

"Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man."  (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org

If you do not want to receive posts from this list, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and you will be unsubscribed.  If you have a friend who wants to join, tell him to send an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and he will be subscribed.