Izzy wrote:
> I had never heard anyone teach about the pros and
> cons of Sabbath vs Sunday worship. That is why it
> is strange that I just began to keep the Sabbath.
> I just heard the Holy Spirit convicting me about it
> every time I read the scriptures. So I started obeying,
> quietly and discreetly, on my own. Then I began to
> wonder if there were any other Christians who were
> led the same way ...

Amen.  I find this a wonderful testimony.

The Scriptures teach that there will be revival in Israel before the
resurrection happens.  I believe that the Messianic movement, Christians
moving toward Judaism, and the Nazarene movement, Jews moving toward
accepting Jesus, are all part of how God accomplishes this revival.
Unfortunately, some people are insecure in their salvation, and so whenever
you start talking about Torah observance, they say, "why?" and they start
getting worried that people are attacking their salvation.  There are so
many riches to be discovered in Torah observance.  How wonderful it is to
leave work earlier than usual on Friday afternoon, light the Shabbat
candles, and welcome in God's Sabbath rest.  I pray that none of us would be
afraid of this.

Now clearly there are people who abuse God's grace, and try to teach that
one MUST observe Sabbath or he cannot be saved.  Surely such Judaizers ought
to be corrected.  But let us not crush the holy and beautiful aspect of
Torah observance because of fear of what someone might be saying.

I believe that one day Jews will rebuild their temple and reinstitute animal
sacrifice.  Are Christians going to rise up with the animal rights activists
in protest?  I hope not!  What greater way for modern Jews to begin to
understand who Jesus was than to see it in their own ancient practices?

Let us all be readying our hearts for the coming days, to worship our Lord
in Jerusalem with the Jews.

"Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in
Jerusalem, and to pray before the LORD. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In
those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all
languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a
Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you."
(Zec 8:22-23)

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida  USA