Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

michael douglas wrote:

What fuels my drive is when we see Bible passages that directly contradict the LDS revelations. In fact I was a non-participating observer on TT for over two years (well I briefly contributed to one topic) before being unable to be reticent any longer when the sealings question and binding marriage was being erroneousy expounded by you as having its source in Matt. 16:19.
DAVEH:  You have made a wrong assumption, Michael.  I did not say that the source of my belief in eternal marriage was based on Mt 16:19.  You asked for Biblical evidence and I offered that passage in reply.

Michael D: Let me put it another way Hansen, You used Matt. 16:19 as the foundational scripture

DAVEH:  "foundational scripture"?  Did I use those words, or are you supposing that is what I said, Michael?
for the authority for sealings which included sealing  marriages for eternity.  Something the Bible does not remotely teach.

DAVEH:  Mt 16:19 is evidence that Jesus gave Peter authority to bind on earth so that it will be bound in heavenThat same priesthood authority is today used to bind families on earth so they will be bound as families in heaven.

Michael D: thanx for answering your own question Dave H. That's exactly what I mean by foundational. As I've said before, you are not an unintelligent (previously mis-typed as 'intelligent') person...

The fact remains that the Bible teaches no such thing!!! It seems to be an invention of J Smith, or his perpetuation of some one else's invention...

So you are right in stating that the concept of eternal marriage is a distinctly LDS-theology originated one and not a biblical one. Thanks for that clarification.