Terry, How very true. You are quite astute. Izzy

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Terry Clifton
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2003 3:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] The Sabbath Breaker of Numbers

Glenn and Perry:

Salvation does come through faith.  We all know that.  Where

 we have a problem is coming to a conclusion about what

is incuded in a description of faith.  We know that it has to

include more than simply believing, because as James says,

 even the devil believes.  We know that love is involved,

 because love covers a multitude of sins.  We know

repentance is involved , because without repentance there

can be no forgiveness.  We know obedience is involved

 because Jesus asked some who claimed to follow Him in

word  but not in deed, "Why do you call me Lord, when

you do not do as I tell you to do?" The implication being

that He was not their Lord, because they did not obey.  We

know that He must increase and we must decrease, and

 we know that if we have no works, then we have no faith.

We cannot grab one verse out of God's word and ignore

 the thousands of other verses that give us the whole

picture.

Blessings,

Terry