On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 13:54:43 -0500 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Interesting Gary - but the problem is not the "culture of contingency" the problem is that God..is the one who defines healthy marriages and healthy relationships.

Did you catch this comment, Judy:
"We're moral creatures with souls, endowed with the ability to make covenants, such as the one Ruth made with Naomi: 'Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried.'" The conservative course is not to banish gay people from making such commitments.
--November 22, 2003, DAVID BROOKS

jt:
What Ruth did was a choice rather than a 'covenant' - in that as a Moabitess she chose to stay with her mother-in-law and return to Israel with her.  Ruth later entered a marriage covenant with Boaz.  Homosexual people can make whatever choices in this life they want to but they can never sanctify homosexual relationships and call them marriage in God's eyesight. He has already spoken on the subject.

Judy