On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 13:54:43 -0500 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Interesting Gary - but the problem is not the "culture of contingency" the problem is that God..is the one who defines healthy marriages and healthy relationships.

Did you catch this comment, Judy:

<<"We're moral creatures with souls, endowed with
the ability to make covenants, such as the one Ruth made
with Naomi: 'Where you go I will go, and where you stay I
will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my
God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried.'"
The conservative course is not to banish gay people from
making such commitments
.>>
--November 22, 2003, DAVID BROOKS